Sunday, August 21, 2011

Parsons Vikings

Our new home....Parsons, Kansas. Finally starting to feel like home a little. I am a little lonely I won't lie but hopefully when we start getting more involved we will find a group of great friends.

We moved the older two boys in a Pitt State yesterday! That was kinda fun....I honestly was a little shocked at how kids in college have to live, I only lived in dorms for a semester and it was a pretty nice one. I know they will have great fun and meet great friends there. It is a wonderful school , I am almost tempted to go back to school and further my education....I have actually been thinking about doing just that!

Tomorrow I interview for a job at Lincoln Elementary School.....one of my sisters friends works there and called me. She said they have a huge group of Kindergartners and thought I would fit in great with the staff there. I said well....I guess I do know my colors and can count to ten .....so maybe I will give it a whirl. I can just see it on the first day....."Teacher...Mrs. Vratil said a bad word!!!" Let's just hope one of them doesn't puke and I don't stub my toe and I think I will be able to keep the profanity from flyin!

Sam starts school Friday....he is havin a great time here. I am so thankful for that. He is playin football, I haven't seen that many bruises on a body since Justin played. Not to mention the weather here is twice as miserable as Larned...but now that 2 a days are done I think he knows he is gonna live!

Barry is really enjoying his job. I think he knows he is making progress and sees the future there and feels encouraged by that. A new mill will be going up first..that will take some time but will be a huge plunge forward for their feed yard.

Since we have moved here we have had a lot of heart ache....my sister diagnosed with breast cancer....her dog died and my 58 year old aunt passed away. This has all been a heavy burden but is getting easier. My sis has had her surgery and is doing well. My mom has been here and helped her for the last 10 days. Chemo will start in September and she is really dreading the hair loss. It will be a very hard time but I know it will end soon. By Christmas hopefully the chemo will be over.

We have a lot to be thankful for and I am very blessed to be close to Kim during this time and close to the college that the boys are at. I feel like this is our home more every day. The most positive things so far in Parsons have been the savings......no charge for enrollment, only a $155 dollar electric bill, at an all electric house, but the thing that cancels it all out is....there is a flippin Walmart 3 minutes from my house...and I have gone aaaallllooootttt.

Well it is time for bed and a new start tomorrow!!!

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment