Monday, December 7, 2009

Varsity Basketball

The season begins! Mom, stay in control!! The excitement is almost as high as the apprehension. I can't explain why it is so important for Barry and I , but I will try! Since Justin was born all his grandparents have talked about was the day they would be on the court together. Garrett could hit a basket from anywhere when he was 2 years old. He practiced non-stop. I have no idea why! It was just his absolute passion. Since then his passion is divided many ways, but every time our boys hit the floor together Barry and I tear up, it has nothing to do with the fact that we think our boys are great basketball players, it is the thought of their grandparents looking down from heaven and being so proud. If Harry and Jackie Vratil were alive today you would avoid them because you would be sick of hearing about their grandkids. My boys may not always get along but neither of them wants to be on the court without one another. They know they can count on one another to give it all they have. School and girlfriends and other hobbies have separated the two, life will be that way, so this is so bittersweet for their dad and I. For the last time they will fight as warriors together on the court. I can't remember when I have seen Barry cry, even when both his parents died within 6 months of each other, but watch close because at sometime this year during all our last times with Garrett a senior, you are gonna see Barry cry, I guarantee it. Sports aren't everything it just seems to be the only thing we all enjoy doing together. It is our common ground! God has taught us many lessons through sports, and trust me he isn't done, as early as this morning I had to be careful of my emotions, MAMA BEAR!!!! Encouragement, is what they will get sick of from me, and their FIRE.........ya that comes from me too! Their jumping abilities, that is dad all the way, not to mention the basketball knowledge. Proud, yes I am. If there were a million boys lined up, I would still pick the three God so lovingly gave me!!!!!

see ya at the MARVIN WEBSTER COURT!!!!

Rhonda

ps, those little bastards better no steal anything this year!

2 comments:

  1. Well said Rhonda! Looking forward to watching your boys play.....and 5 more years of Sam, Tyler and their crazy friends.

    Love ya!

    Leigh Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh woman...you crack me up!! So sweet and touching then the PS punch in the gut! Seriously...laughin my booty off! If you didn't read my response to your comment on my blog...please, please, please get video of Barry dancing to single ladies...PLEASE!!!

    ReplyDelete