Oh how I hate parents meetings before a new sport begins! Its like I am excited until the parents meeting, and then I am like, oh yeah, reality! Basketball is starting for Sam and it will be fun! Big ole Mr. Clean {Werner} is the coach along with Craig and a new guy, ha ha there is always a new guy! And of course baseball meetings, yes already. I love to watch my kids play ball, I could sure do without the rest of it though. Isn't that life, yes it is and making the best of it is the only way to survive. We have been very fortunate to have kids who can play it all, and it has all been worth it. It has made us who we are! Fast aproaching an end for our oldest, unless he plays on in college. That is up in the air! I am always ready for the new stage of life!
My favorite things about sports has been the most halarious stories I have buried in my brain of all of these young men I know and love from the years of watching them play. For instance tonight was a funny story! So inapropriate to tell, but here I go. Justin comes in from shoot around, so he thought, they actually scrimmaged. Well Justin has never been a true believer in the good ole jock, never will wear one. Tonight he came home walkin funny and sayin, " Oh mom my balls, oh gosh my balls, what have I done. After I told ya so and an Ibprofen, I handed him a frozen bag of corn and told him to sit down and ice em for awhile. I love it when finally they learn the lesson, I just hate it when it is the hard way. Needless to say, I do believe Justin is growing up. It was halarious and a night we are sure not to forget. I got a play by play of the "boys" and their trauma while playing.
I could also tell of the times in baseball when we went to buy the first jock and cup! My boys were 7 and 8. Ok it was a first for me because Barry would never share this with us. We make the purchase and go out to the car, and I can hear Garrett and Justin discussing what this thing is. I have not mentioned it I guess. Garrett says "what is it for?" So I explain it is to protect their penis while playing baseball so that they would be able to have a family someday! Justin thought about it for awhile and said to Garrett " Oh, I get it, in case you have to pee!"
I have a real love for coaches because my husband coached several teams for some years and we have always been friends with coaches and seen the good, the bad and the absolute ugly! My heart has been literally broken in the past for parents, kids and coaches, we have got to remember that how we act and the way we handle things makes a huge imact on lives.
My goal for this year is to enjoy watching my sons give it their all, and enjoy the sports family we are given for this new year of hoping and anticipating a great season!
Rhonda
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment